We had a fantastic summer camp this year! Check back in December for Summer 2018 details. In the meantime, come to our Winter Camp this year, Dec. 18-22.
If you are on our e-mail list, which you should be if you came to any of our camps this year, then you will get an e-mail once we announce dates and registration opening. If you are new to our camps, add your name to our mailing list here.
DATES AND HOURS
June 19-30 and July 10-14, 2017
Basic Hours: 8:30-4:00
Drop off may be flexible until 9:30 on certain days, when camp not leaving park until later
AM extended care: 8:00-8:30 (offered only for some weeks)
Base Camp/: King School Park, 1700 Hopkins Street, Berkeley. There may one day in the week that parents are asked to drop off at North Berkeley BART, if we need to get somewhere in timely fashion. That info will be on the weekly schedule you receive the Wednesday before camp. A large climbing structure, field, and picnic tables await us! The site is an easy stop on way or from our Girls on the Go Berkeley, Tilden, and Pre-K camps. Tilden and Pre-K camp basic days’ end at 3:30, and Boys on the Go and Girls on the Go at 4:00, to make it easier to pick up on time for both camps. Find us near the climbing structure/swing area. Parallel parking spaces are available on the street for easy drop-off and pick-up.
AGES AND PROGRAM INFO
Campers are ages 9-13 and one Junior Counselor 14-16.
Some of our daily destinations include: Lake Merritt for boating, Baseball games with the A’s and Giants, Bowling, Ice- Skating, Mini-Golf, Arcades, Movies and much more! Monday’s are Creating Community Day where we engage and connect with each other, do team building activities and learn how to travel safely together. Sometimes we shop & cook together, play board & field games, make wooden planes, build Estes Rockets. Other times we chill in the park, laying in the grass, playing capture the flag, and making smoothies on the people powered bike blender, or walk to the library.
More activities will be added as they are confirmed.
Details are subject to change. We do our best to firm up plans, but occasionally things shift and we replace one wonderful activity with another. We send a letter the Wednesday before each week with any updates.
FEES, DISCOUNTS AND FINANCIAL AID INFO
- $488/week base rate
- Early Registration Incentive*: $100/week off if registered by Feb 1st, $70/week off by March 1st, $50/week off by May 1st, $20/week off by June 1st – automatically applied in your reg. cart.
- Sibling and Multi-Session Registration Incentive*: Register for 3 weeks or more of any camp program within a family and each registration receives $20 off/week- expires 7/15. Enter special code “MultiMonkeyFun” for each of your children while registering.
- The early registration and sibling/multi week discounts can be combined, but not combined with Chinook book or gift certificates.
° Discounts do not apply to JCs as their fees are already highly discounted.
Extended Care Advance Sign Up: AM: 8:00-8:30 $30/week.
Extended Care Drop-In Rates (On Site Last Minute): $13/hour; $7/half hour; $4/15 minutes. Office will review sign in sheets and charge your credit card on file after use. Fee determined by rounding up to nearest quarter hour, e.g. 8:06am drop off will be charged at 8:00am.
• We want our high quality, award winning camp to be accessible to all families, as it makes our camp a better place. We have created various options for folks including flexible “no fee” payment plan options at the online payment page, and financial aid and work exchange available by application. Please apply and refer those in your networks who might not realize about these options.
• It takes a village, so if you have something extra to give to our scholarship fund, round up your tuition on the online registration portal, from $2-$20.
LOGISTICS, FAQs AND POLICIES
• Campers bring their own lunch and morning snack. We are a nut and nut butter free camp, to help keep our campers safe.
• Campers need to be able to handle themselves well in our group of 16 boys and with staff: camper ratio of 1:8
• Click on the FAQs and Policies links above to find out more about the program.
the camp daily schedule, age groupings and sizes, food program and allergies, the staff:camper ratio, carpools, etc.
Our staff from diverse backgrounds are nurturing, creative and enthusiastic. They are hired to guide and enrich our programs and foster friendship among campers. All children, returning and new campers alike, are actively welcomed. For the summer 2017 Boys on the Go will be directed by Devin Berry. Click here to see bios and photos.
We will be recruiting two Junior Counselors, age 14-16, for the following three week period: June 19-30 AND July 10-14. They will support the staff in a variety of ways, including leading games, helping the boys get on and off trains and buses safely, and helping welcome all kids. Staff will mentor the JCs, and there will be a mandatory training Sunday, June 18 3:30-5:00. The basic day hours are 8:30-4:00. Tuition is $188/week and includes a sweatshirt and 2 T-shirts, as JCs are required to wear as part of the position.
Parents before registering: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your interest.